Tuesday, July 26, 2011

$1 gas price rise cuts SUV value 13%, ups 'econobox' 10% - Drive On: A conversation about the cars and trucks we drive - USATODAY.com

$1 gas price rise cuts SUV value 13%, ups 'econobox' 10% - Drive On: A conversation about the cars and trucks we drive - USATODAY.com


Where do us mini-van drivers stand? Not that it truly matters cause I manage to get the most use out of a vehicle before trading it in as automobile possible. Seriously.

The mileage on one of my retired vehicles is always well into the 300,000 mark. Granted I take excellent care of it. I maintain a clean interior, don't allow back seat smoking, and car washes every couple of days. Under the hood I try to do oil changes right at or just under 4000 miles but sometimes I miss the mark. Tires are rotated regular. Replaced as needed. Anything else that goes wrong is always replaced with new parts, no second hand refurbished or salvaged parts. Can't afford a second break down time loss.

So when I do a trade-in I get high marks for condition, but that's offset by low marks for high mileage. I get about fair condition market value the way it is now. My concern on this matter is for more of the everyday casual driver. If they maintained their vehicle like me, but had the much lower mileage how would they fair in resale? That's why reading such articles is so enlightening.

No comments:

Post a Comment